You have fallen in love with EMDR, the standard protocol, the scripted protocols uniquely designed to help various issues, and the applications to help heal real human suffering. This evidenced-based, widely researched approach for trauma care is amazing. Your passion drives you to continue to strengthen your therapeutic skills and deepen in your understanding of trauma care, trauma resolution, and post-traumatic growth and resiliency.
Yet you have some questions. Questions like…
- When your client seems stuck and is blocked in processing, what can you do to get things moving again? Why does this happen?
- How do you navigate working with clients with complex defenses who desire help and healing, but defend at every turn?
- How much, what kind, and what type of resourcing do you apply? What does this look like?
- How can you be more efficient in your treatment planning, to help your client experience results yet keep appropriate pace with their needs and tolerance?
- Which memories do you focus on when they all seem important?
- How do you manage dissociation in session? What should you keep in mind and how do you adjust your treatment approach when this shows up?
- When and how do you integrate parts work and how does this relate to EMDR? What are some creative, effective and gentle ways to work with clients on this?
These important questions need your attention and you are ready to expand your skills.
Whether you are needing to complete consultation hours for EMDR basic training, are ready to focus consultation hours towards becoming an EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist, or you are simply desiring some focused case consultation, I am here to help!
Welcome! My name is Wendy Copeland and I am an EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist and Consultant in Training. I am also a relationship therapist with a background in attachment and developmental trauma. I can provide both individual and group consultations, which are eligible for completion of EMDR Basic Training Consultation hours or EMDR Certification Hours.
I have advanced clinical EMDR training in:
– Early Intervention and Ongoing Traumatic Stress
– Parts Work: IFS and Structural Dissociation
– Pain Protocol
– Integrative Attachment Protocol
– Creative Protocols